Tattoo Contest Rules
1. All judges are impartial and unbiased. All entries are considered fairly and equally upon their own merit.
2. The performing artists remain anonymous until awards are presented, judging is based solely on the technical and artistic qualities of each tattoo.
3. The entrance fee for each contest is $10. Winning artists and winning collectors will receive a plaque. Contest registration is open to all applicants whose artists have a booth at the convention.
4. All Tattoo of the Day entrants must be performed by artists in attendance at the convention, started and completed on the day of the contest. For all other categories, the work could be started or completed elsewhere. However, the artist must be working the convention.
5. Both the tattoo artist and the collector must be present at the convention to receive their plaque for Tattoo of the Day. The collector must be present for their plaque in all other categories. In the case that either is absent, trophies will be awarded to the runner up.
6. All submissions to the “Best Cover-Up” category must include a clear and publishable “before” photograph.
7. Photographers from multiple tattoo and life-style magazines will be present to photograph contest winners and participants. The Massachusetts Tattoo Convention reserves the right to publish these photographs for promotional and documental purposes.
8. There must be more than one entry in a competition for judging to take place and a plaque to be awarded.
9. May the best tattoo win!
Tattoo Contest Schedule
Please Note: All listed times are tentative and subject to change. Consult our Facebook Page for updates and announcements during the show.
Tattoo of the Day (Registration 8-11pm, with judging at 11pm, and awards at 11:15pm.)
Registration for all contests closes at 7pm, with judging at 8pm.
Small Black and Grey
Medium Black and Grey
Cover-Up (clear “before” photo necessary)
Large Black and Grey
Fine Art (Drawings, Paintings, Sculpture, etc.)
Tattoo of the Day (Registration by 10pm, judging at 10:30pm, awards at 11pm.)
Registration for all contests closes at 3:30pm, with judging at 4pm.
Tattoo of the Day (Registration by 5pm, judging at 5:30pm, awards at 6pm.)